According to the CDC, Cryptosporidium (Crypto) cases are on the rise across the United States.
This story is about a family who contracted Crypto linked to a public pool. They hope by sharing their story, they will increase awareness about recreational water illnesses.
"Robinson said her son was lethargic and dehydrated and, after they rushed him to the hospital, it was confirmed that he had cryptosporidium...... She said she is upset with the water park for not shutting its doors to clean its pools after she reported her family's illness. The water park could not be reached for comment as of press time."
"I'm hoping to get the word out (about the dangers of swimming in public pools) and the precautions people should take," she said."